Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This is Our God

I keep hearing this saying "Let the Spirit move" as in the spirit of God waiting for our directions to say yes go ahead and do what you intend to. As though we are some over protective parent who allows their children to go out and play in the sandbox. Do we really have control over God's spirit in arena's like worship and communal gathering? I feel like simply no we don't. (though I could be wrong because I still hold the idea that we have free-will) The idea that God can't move to me seems as though we are giving ourselves much more control than we have. Any time I think of God doing things in my life or after witnessing his influence on another's it seems like we are partnering with God's plan like joining into something he has already designed. It is not as though I said "Uh God I have this great idea for worship and I was kinda thinking you would be best in this one really emotional part of the service where I feel you'll fit best. Do you think you could enter there for me?". Instead God enters where he knows best. I am not saying God takes over our free-will to choose him, but he presents himself for us to choose him. I don't think that God allows us to say "ok God you can make yourself available to these people now" Because then obviously God would then not always be available. To me to say or even to have the mindset of letting god's spirit move is very limiting in our own perspective of who our God is and whether he is as powerful as we understand him to be. At the same time no matter how powerful we understand him to be he is still transcendent and above our comprehension, so lets not hinder ourselves more.




(This blog is open to rebuttal)

No comments:

Post a Comment